Quarterly reports and Pre-closing Documents must be submitted using FormSite. Click HERE for guidance on using FormSite to submit requisite documentation.
Every three months from the grant contract effective date, quarterly reports must be submitted until the grant contract is complete. Click the corresponding link to download a fillable Quarterly Progress Report form.
Step 1. Submit / update contract pre-disbursement documents.
- Check that your pre-disbursement documents outlined in Exhibit C of your contract are up-to-date. Submit any necessary pre-disbursement documents.
- CWMTF currently has Exhibits C documents on file for most non-profit organizations, but it is your responsibility to update these documents as necessary.
- In addition, non-profit organizations must have submitted a copy of their most recent annual audit.
- Use FormSite to submit pre-disbursement documents. Click HERE for guidance on using FormSite to submit requisite documentation.
Step 2. Submit appraisal(s) for review.
- Appraisals are reviewed by State Property Office (SPO) to establish the value of the acquisition.
- An Appraisal Review Memorandum will be issued to CWMTF, uploaded to the GMS and a copy forwarded to the Grant Recipient. The review will take approximately 30 days.
- Appraisals may be submitted with other Pre-Closing documents in Step 3, but it is recommended they be submitted as soon as possible to establish a purchase price that can be paid or reimbursed by CWMTF.
- Appraisals must be submitted using FormSite. Click HERE for guidance on using FormSite for submitting requisite documentation.
Step 3. Submit pre-closing (draft) closing documents for review (see Exhibit D in the contract).
- Pre-closing documents must be submitted using FormSite. Click HERE for guidance on using FormSite for submitting requisite documentation.
- The documents will be submitted and reviewed as a packet. The review will take approximately 30 days.
- An Authorization to Record/Close Memorandum will be issued to CWMTF, uploaded to the GMS and a copy forwarded to the Grant Recipient.
- Draft conservation easements may be emailed to the Program Manager for review before submission. Click here to download conservation easement templates.
Note: If the property is transferred to a state agency at closing, coordinate document submission with CWMTF and the state agency. The SPO agent will typically review the closing documents. Appraisals must still be submitted to CWMTF via Formsite.
Step 4. Acquire property/conservation easement and record approved documents.
Once you have satisfied any conditions of closing outlined in your Authorization to Record/Close memo, you may proceed with closing.
Step 5. Submit Claim (Reimbursement) Request.
- Claim Requests must be submitted through the online Grants Management System (GMS).
- Acquisition of property/conservation easement funds will not be released until any necessary approval to purchase is received.
- Transaction costs incurred before closing may be requested prior to closing after pre-disbursement documents have been completed/updated.
- Additional forms may be necessary to document expenses incurred throughout the project. These documents can be downloaded by clicking the corresponding link.
- Detailed instructions for submitting a claim in GMS can be found in the GMS Help Document.
Step 6. Submit post-closing (recorded) documents.
- All post-closing documents must be submitted on USB drive or disc.
- In addition, a hard copy of recorded surveys and conservation easements must be submitted.
Step 7. Submit the final report
A final report must be submitted at the completion of the contract. Click the corresponding link to download a fillable Final Report form.
Changes in Scope of Work, Project Delays, and Cancellations
Grant recipients are responsible for the successful completion of their projects and should maintain open lines of communication with CWMTF staff regarding any questions, concerns and/ or possible changes to their project. Changes must be discussed with CWMTF prior to implementation as some changes may require CWMTF Board approval. Unless approved by CWMTF, all work must be completed as outlined in the grant contract scope of work and budget. All requests for changes to any or all parts of the executed contract must be submitted using the online Grants Management System (GMS). Detailed instructions for submitting a Change Request in GMS can be found in the GMS Help Document.